Skip to Main Content
VR Lab Policies
- To reserve the VR equipment and Lab, you must first complete an orientation. Click here to schedule an orientation!
- The VR Lab is available to HPD students, faculty and staff.
- The VR Lab can be reserved in 1 hour increments, up to a maximum of 3 hours per day.
- VR touch controllers must be checked out at the circulation desk and returned after use.
- VR touch controllers are checked out by supervisors only. If there is no supervisor available, you may be asked to return at a later time.
- VR development/research projects have priority in reserving time.
- Requests for purchasing VR apps or software can be submitted to the Emerging Technologies Librarian via email.
- You are allowed to log into your own Steam account to access your personal library for VR content. *Remember to sign out when you are finished* HPD Library is not responsible for your personal accounts.
- No eating or drinking in the VR Lab. Closed containers allowed.
- HPD Library staff reserve the right to close the VR Lab at any time.
- Always place the headset and controllers on the computer table or TV stand, never on the ground.
- Be aware of cables during use.
- Make sure controllers are secured to your wrist during use.
- If you have any questions regarding use of the Oculus Rift, ask at the circulation desk.
- If you feel nausea or discomfort, take the headset off immediately and sit down. Do not use the headset when you are: tired; need sleep; under the influence of alcohol or drugs; hung-over; have digestive problems; under emotional stress or anxiety; or when suffering from cold, flu, headaches, migraines, or earaches, as this can increase your susceptibility to adverse symptoms.
- Consult your doctor before use if you have a pre-existing medical condition including, but not limited to, epilepsy, binocular vision abnormalities, psychiatric disorders, or heart conditions.