Librarians at The NSU Oceanographic Campus Library can help you with your research needs! They find unfindable documents, troubleshoot electronics issues, tackle software tutorials (EndNote, etc.), and assist with any and all research endeavors.
- Our print collection (including print monographs, periodicals, reference, and theses/dissertations) contains over 17,000 volumes.
- Our online collection currently contains over 3,600 e-journal subscriptions to marine/ocean specific titles and we have access to over 148,000 academic eBooks and 500 research databases through NSU Libraries.
- All Capstones, Theses, and Dissertations are found online in our Institutional Repository, NSUWorks. Print versions of these documents can be found through 2015 in the Oceanographic Campus Library.
- Main campus library delivers all resources from their collection (books, DVDs, CDs, etc.) to the Oceanographic Campus Library; there is no need to drive out to main campus to pick up an item.
- We have inter-library loan partnerships through Alvin Sherman Library as well as an International Marine and Aquatic specific inter-library loan program just for Ocean Students.
- Online research and course guides built and maintained by the library to assist with finding resources and managing all aspects of the graduate process.
- Ten computers with statistical, photo editing, and mapping software.
- KIC Scanner scans books and loose paper easily and sends the scanned images via email, flash drive upload, or SharkPrint. The images can be made into “Smart PDFs” that read the words for you to make the file searchable.
- TV for interactive library tutorials. The library is also allowing students to use the TV to view and practice their upcoming presentations.
- Outlets in the floor next to chairs for easy accessibility when charging your electronic equipment (laptops, cell phones, etc.) as well as USB outlets and standard outlets in the Quiet Study Area.
- Mobile charging station that can charge up to 7 devices by all major manufacturers.
- Tablets with detachable keyboards, GoPros, digital cameras, a laptop and two projectors are available for check out.
- Touch Screen Console for searching and downloading all capstones, theses, and dissertations.
- 3D Scanning Cart available for use in the GHOC building.
ART & AREAS OF INTEREST
- Corals on the Thesis/Dissertation Bookshelf came from a shipping container that was confiscated coming from the Solomon Islands. The corals were obtained illegally and after the seizure are kept on permanent loan here at NSU for teaching purposes.
- Shark Fin Art Installation: Raises awareness to the shark finning problem around the world. Each fin represents 5 million sharks that were killed for their fins.
- Quiet Study Area: The back area of library is our silent study area. It has outlets (standard and USB) to accommodate your electronic needs but is a no talking, no eating, and distraction free area for studying. Ear plugs are available for free at the Help Desk.
- Educational Shell Display: A donation from Dr. and Mrs. Joel Rush of a diverse collection of seashells. Each is identified and labeled in the Quiet Study Area of the library.
- Candy jar always filled with chocolates and sugary treats.
- Relaxing and calming view.
- Open 48 hours / week with Saturday hours available upon request (Hours).