You must access databases and journals through the Alvin Sherman Library website to find the full text of articles.
Some articles are listed as full-text in our database search results even though we don't have full-text access to them because
- They may be older articles that our subscription doesn't cover, or
- Our subscription may have recently changed
We may be able to get access to these articles through Interlibrary Loan, however please be aware that conditions apply and that the ILL process takes time.
Database searches may not always link directly to full-text articles but may instead direct you to the landing page of the journal where the article is published. If you find yourself on the journal homepage instead of the article, follow these steps to access the article:
- Click the link Check for Full Text below the located article. Note the year, volume, issue and page number of the article.
- Select one of the provided database links, under the Full Text Finder heading.
- Log in with your Shark ID and password, if requested.
- Locate and select the relevant year, volume, issue or number of the publication of the article you require. For example: 2018, volume 74, issue 7.
- Navigate to the correct title or page numbers, for example, 1505-1516, and locate the PDF icon (or the Words Full Text), and click on it.
Search for the title of the journal article in Shark Search
- Go to the Alvin Sherman Library homepage
- Enter the title of the journal article into the Shark Search box, then click on Search
- Items that closely match that title appear near the top of the results list. To limit the results to only journal articles, select 'Articles' beneath the Resource Type heading in the left-hand menu
- Click on the article title you need or the PDF icon below the article title.
- If there is no PDF icon, see the steps for Check for Full Text, above.
Not all Sherman Library journal articles are available via Shark Search. If you don't find the article you need, try searching the Full Text Finder tool using the journal title instead. Also try searching Google Scholar via the Library’s webpage.
Search the Full Text Finder tool using the journal title