Skip to Main Content
- To borrow the VR equipment (Meta Quest 2 Kit) for on campus use, you must first complete an orientation. Email to schedule an orientation!
- The Kit is available to Tampa Bay campus students, faculty and staff.
- The Kit can be checked out for 3 hours and can be renewed as long as there is no waitlist.
- Requests for purchasing VR apps or software can be submitted to the Emerging Technologies Librarian via email.
Last Revised: 5/8/2023
- Do not expose the Headset to direct sunlight, as irreversible damage may occur to the camera lenses and display due to the magnification of the lenses.
- Always place the headset and controllers on a table - never on the ground.
- Be aware of cables during use.
- Make sure controllers are secured to your wrist during use.
- If you have any questions regarding use of the Meta Quest 2, ask at the library front desk.
- If you feel nausea or discomfort, take the headset off immediately and sit down. Do not use the headset when you are: tired; need sleep; under the influence of alcohol or drugs; hung-over; have digestive problems; under emotional stress or anxiety; or when suffering from cold, flu, headaches, migraines, or earaches, as this can increase your susceptibility to adverse symptoms.
- Consult your doctor before use if you have a pre-existing medical condition including, but not limited to, epilepsy, binocular vision abnormalities, psychiatric disorders, or heart conditions.