The TBRC Library now has an EinScan SP Scanner available for use.
• Size of objects that can be scanned: 60 – 500 mm (2.4 -19.7 inches)
• Resolution/Precision: Up to 0.1% of scan size (up to 0.06 mm)
• Scanning time: 1 - 5 minutes (depending on accuracy of the scan)
• Mesh density: Up to 1,200,000 vertices per scan
• Export formats: STL (for 3D printing), OBJ, PLY
System Requirements (the scanner must be connected to a computer and monitor/laptop)
• Standard-PC (32/64 bit - Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10)
• 3D graphics adapter
• Available VGA or HDMI port (the library has adapters)
• Two available USB ports
• Recommended: Dual-core processor, 64bit, 2 GHz, 4 GB RAM, NVIDIA or AMD graphics processor
This flexible box for transporting frozen rat kidney's for microscopic photography was created with the HPD Library's David SLS-2 3D Scanner. Download and create your own from the NIH 3D Print Exchange - here.